Yoav Golan, M.Sc.
Yoav Golan received his B.Sc. in 2015, and his M.Sc. in 2017, both from the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel. He is currently a Ph.D student in the same department.
His research interests include
• Robotic grasping: design, control, and analysis. • Robotic navigation algorithms. • Low-Cost, non-traditional movement mechanisms. • Animal-Robot synergy.
- Yoav Golan, Amir Shapiro, and Elon Rimon, “Object Surface Exploration using Low-Cost Rolling Robotic Fingertips” in IEEE Haptics Symposium, San Francisco, 2018.
- Yoav Golan, Amir Shapiro, and Elon Rimon, “Object Pose Estimation by Contact with Orientation-Sensing Robotic Fingertips” in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation workshop on The Robotic Sense of Touch, Singapore, 2017.
- Yoav Golan and Amir Shapiro, "“Krembo” Wrapping Machine for Production Lines of Delicate Marshmallow Treats" in Israeli Conference on Mechanical Engineering (ICME), Technion Institute of Technology, 2016.
- Yoav Golan, Elon Rimon, and Amir Shapiro, "N-Dimensional Configuration Space Robot Navigation using Artificial Temperature Gradients" in Israeli Conference on Robotics (ICR), Herzliya, 2016.
- Yoav Golan, Amir Shapiro, and Elon Rimon, "“Dual Frictionship” Convertible Frictionless to Frictional Fingertips to Improve Robot Grasp Robustness", in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation workshop on Exploiting Contact and Dynamics in Manipulation, Stockholm, Sweden, 2016.
- Hallel Bunis, Elon Rimon, Yoav Golan and Amir Shapiro. "Caging Polygonal Objects Using Equilateral Three-Finger Hands". IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 2, no. 3 (July 2017): 1672-1679.
- Yoav Golan, Shmil Edelman, Amir Shapiro, and Elon Rimon. "Online Robot Navigation Using Continuously Updated Artificial Temperature Gradients." IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 2, no. 3 (July 2017): 1280-1287.
“The Design of Minimalistic Robot Grasping Systems", Advised by: Prof. Amir Shapiro, and Prof. Elon Rimon (Technion Institute of Technology).